Alyson’s practice focuses on representing and advising employers on all aspects of labor and employment law.
Alyson represents employers in administrative proceedings before federal and state agencies, counsels employers on compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws, and represents clients in employment litigation. Alyson’s traditional labor experience includes providing advice and counsel to clients throughout the corporate campaign process, along with representing companies before the National Labor Relations Board and defending against unfair labor practice allegations.
She is a contributing author to the firm’s Employment & Labor Perspectives Blog.
- Represented hospitality client in arbitration with national union and issues surrounding corporate campaign election.
- Defended national transportation logistics company regarding unfair labor practice allegations before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Provided advice and counseling to industry clients throughout the corporate campaign process.
- Represents employers in lawsuits and agency proceedings in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and alleged violations of the FLSA and FMLA.
- Advises and counsels clients on employment matters, in the areas of employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, medical leave, wrongful discharge, traditional labor law, wage and hour compliance, and termination of employment.
- Drafts employment-related documents, including employment agreements and employee handbooks.
- While at the EEOC, assisted with intake, investigation and mediation of employment discrimination claims.
- Actively participates in the firm’s pro bono efforts in the areas of wrongful convictions and uncontested divorces.
- Member, Richmond Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Nominating Committee, 2021
- Member, Richmond Bar Association, Program Committee, 2021
- JD, William & Mary Law School, cum laude, Order of Barristers, 2019
- BS, North Carolina State University, 2016