Jenell Trigg is the chair of Lerman Senter’s Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity Practice Group and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (“CIPP/US”) under the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She specializes in privacy, data protection and cybersecurity issues, intellectual property concerns, and government regulation of the internet and new technologies. Jenell also maintains a varied practice in broadcast, wireless, cable, internet, and telecommunications industries.
As a former broadcast television sales and marketing executive for 16 years in two major media markets, Jenell has a firsthand understanding of the practical impact of regulations on business operations and a company’s bottom line. She has an invaluable perspective on the FCC rulemaking and enforcement process, having served on the staffs of two FCC Commissioners and at the FCC Bureau/Office level. Prior to private practice, Jenell served as Assistant Chief Counsel for Telecommunications for the Office of Advocacy, U.S. Small Business Administration, where she directed involvement in communications, technology, and internet issues and proceedings before the FCC, other federal and state government agencies, the White House, and Congress.
As detailed in Our Values, Jenell is a nationally recognized DEI leader, achieving gains for women, minorities, and small business ownership across media, communications, information, and tech industries. She serves as Lerman Senter’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Broadband, Spectrum, and Communications Infrastructure
Privacy, Data Protection, and Cybersecurity
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- CUA’s Law &Technology Institute, Certificate with honors
- Northwestern University, B.S.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- National Association of Broadcasters Leadership Foundation, Broadcast Leadership Training Program, Fellow
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Tenth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Founder and Co-Chair Emeritus of Privacy & Data Security Committee
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Communications Law, Member of Governing Committee, and Founder and Co-Chair Emeritus, ABA/FCBA Annual Privacy & Data Security Symposium
- ABA Forum’s Women in Communications Law
- CUA Law & Technology Institute Alumni Association, Past President
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- National Association of Broadcasters Leadership Foundation, Broadcast Leadership Training Program, Faculty
- Best Lawyers in Americain Privacy & Data Security (2019-2021)
- Lawyers of Distinction for Communications and Privacy & Data Security (2019-2021).
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rainbow PUSH Coalition
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Multicultural Media, Telecom, and Internet Council
- Member, FCC’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Digital Empowerment
- Member, FCC Diversity Committees
- Distinguished Alumni Award, The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law