Nick serves as a trusted advisor and legal counsel to family-owned businesses, family offices, entrepreneurs, private investors, business owners and executives. Nick enjoys the depth, complexity and nuance of each client’s business and family, and welcomes the opportunity to provide practical and effective advice and solutions.
Nick regularly advises his clients on a variety of business and personal transactions. The following are examples of such transactions:
- Business Formation and Operation; Major Transactions. Nick assists clients with managing all of the major legal activities that can arise in the formation, governance, ongoing management and growth of a business enterprise. These major legal activities include making initial and follow-on acquisitions, recapitalizations, joint ventures and exit transactions. These activities also include negotiating and preparing a variety of business contracts, including contracts with vendors and other service providers, customers and business partners.
- Private Investments. Nick assists clients in connection with structuring and making a variety of private investments. These investments include private equity and venture capital funds, direct equity and debt investments in start-up and early-stage private companies, and other alternative investments.
- Philanthropy. Nick advises clients with respect to exempt organizations and charitable planning, including governance and organizational matters relating to private foundations or other not-for-profit organizations created by families or companies, as well as planned gifts to public charities.
- High-Value Assets. Nick assists clients with the purchase, ownership and sale of high-value personal and real assets. These assets include aircraft, watercraft, art and high-value residences.
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Seattle Shakespeare Company, Board of Directors, 2018 – Present
- Seattle Summer Search, Board of Directors, 2016 – Present
- Wayfind, Board of Directors, 2015-2018
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, 2016 - 2019
Admitted to Practice
- New York State Bar, 2009
- Washington State Bar, 2016